Associate Pastor of Youth
The Associate Pastor of Youth (APY), a fulltime pastoral position, will oversee the spiritual growth journey for those age 13-18 at Ridgecrest Church of the Nazarene (RC Naz). The APY will develop opportunities for the youth to grow in their relationship and service to the Lord. The APY will:
1. Model Biblical Priorities. The APY should represent a growing personal relationship with Christ, model a strong relationship with his or her spouse (if married) and children (if applicable). The APY will strive to fulfill his or her purpose in life and ministry while demonstrating integrity in words, relationships, and actions. These objectives are accomplished by:
· Committing to a daily time with God.
· Setting appropriate boundaries to protect character and integrity.
· Developing personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
2. RC Naz Youth is a young group with a desire to be active and engaged, and with the right leadership, a desire to grow.
3. Develop and Oversee The RC Naz Youth. The APY will preach, teach, lead, organize and facilitate effective youth programs at RC Naz. The APY will implement times of discipleship, service and fellowship to help students move from visiting to belonging and growing. The APY will:
· Develop, along with the other Pastoral Staff, a ministry plan for the student ministry.
· Execute meaningful weekly gatherings, outreach events and service projects to engage, encourage and equip new and existing students in the life of the church.
· Maintain effective communication with students and parents, ensuring all are informed of activities and service opportunities.
· Help integrate youth ministry into church life.
· Recruit, train and oversee volunteer youth staff.
· Assist in the development and oversight of the youth ministry budget; also managing youth budget and finances
· Provide opportunities for all ages (Jr and Sr high) to experience growth in their relationship and service of the Lord.
· Participate in overall church ministry.
4. Be a Member of The RC Naz Pastoral Staff. As a Staff Pastor, APY will:
· Report directly to the RC Naz Lead Pastor.
· Support the Church-wide vision and mission of Ridgecrest Church of the Nazarene.
· Participate in weekly staff meetings, worship gatherings and special meetings and events.
5. A Working Knowledge of Proclaim Media.
· If not a working knowledge, a willingness to learn.
· A preferred ability to create media for Worship Services
6. District Minister’s License
· Must have at least started or received a District Minister’s License
Though not a requirement, if one is able to lead in Worship Music, with the ability to play guitar or Piano/Keyboard, there are other arrangements in salary to be offered.
About Ridgecrest Church of The Nazarene
Send resume to: